What is a Managed Anti-Virus?
Regular anti-virus packages work as a safety barrier between your computer and the threats from the outside world. Ordinarily these packages come as a yearly paid subscription. By subscribing, the company that formed the software will update their virus databases and push these updates to your computer in order to identify new viruses during a scan. This form of antivirus is referred to as unmanaged, the end user is the operator and has the ability to deny updates, ignore or misunderstand detected threats, turn off the scanner or uninstall the program itself.
With a managed anti-virus, MCD IT take care of installing, configuring and operating the solution for you, in addition to actively monitoring the software on a daily basis. We ensure that databases and scanners are properly set up, fully operational, up to date and that any detections are dealt with immediately. Not simply as a one time event, but day in and day out throughout the course of your subscription.
Benefits of managed antivirus solutions
- Management is continual – With unmanaged solutions, many users turn the antivirus protection off because they think it is slowing down their computer or because they believe their usage habits are not compromising security. Managed antivirus solutions can’t be uninstalled or turned off, meaning your systems are continually protected.
- It is easier to manage – Managing your own solution can be a tough task. Anti virus software benefits greatly from periodic checks, as any problems in configuration that may arise often go unnoticed for long periods of time. Nowhere is this more true than in a commercial environment with many different computer systems. By working with an IT partner like us, your antivirus solutions are managed by tech experts. This is a great solution for business owners who aren’t too familiar with technology, or an overworked IT department.
- All systems will have the same level of security – With a managed service, MCD IT will ensure that the same software is installed on all of your systems. This ensures a uniform level of security and that all computers will have the same level of protection against any new security threats that come along.
- The solutions can be low-cost – Our managed antivirus solutions are offered as a monthly package where businesses pay per user. For some companies, this may be more affordable per user than a non-managed solution. This is especially true if you have a high number of users and would ordinarily require purchasing and renewing multiple licenses.
- Your systems are truly protected – No matter how secure your systems are and the steps you take to ensure that malicious software doesn’t get through, the chances are you will eventually be infected. When you are, completely removing the virus may be especially difficult. MCD IT are trained in how to do this quickly and efficiently and can completely rectify the problem, ensuring that your systems are truly secure.